Thank you for visiting
To log out and end your session, click "OK"
Refine Your Search
for closer look
Hill's Prescription Diet™
The liver is your cat's largest internal organ with many functions, including the digestion and conversion of nutrients, the removal of toxic substances from the blood and the storage of vitamins and minerals. The liver has an amazing ability to repair and regenerate itself, and nutrition plays a vital role in this process.
At Hill's™, nutritionists and veterinarians have developed clinical nutrition especially formulated to help support your cat's liver function during its healing process.
How It HelpsHill's Prescription Diet™ l/d™ is formulated with the following benefits:
- High quality and highly digestible protein in moderate quantities to help reduce liver workload and helps maintain liver function
- Added L-Carnitine to help maintain normal fat metabolism in the liver
- Reduced in sodium to help maintain normal blood pressure
- Added antioxidant nutrients like vitamin E and C to control cell oxidation and promote a healthy immune system
How It Works
- Moderate levels of high quality protein
- High L-carnitine & L-arginine levels
- Appropriate level of zinc
- Clinically proven antioxidants
Hill's Prescription Diet™ l/d™ Feline is a complete and balanced food that provides all the nutrition cats need. Please consult your veterinarian for further information on how our Hill's Prescription Diet™ foods can help your cat to continue to enjoy a happy and active life.
Daily Feeding Guide
Adjust feeding amounts as necessary to maintain optimal weight. If you are unsure, ask your veterinarian.
For best results & safety practices:
- Gradually transition to your pet's new food over a 7 day period.
- Exclusively feed the recommended Prescription Diet dry food, wet food & treats.
- Keep fresh water available at all times.
- Have your veterinarian monitor your pet's condition.
- To prevent suffocation, keep the packaging out of the reach of pets and children.
|Weight of Cat||Amount per Day|
|6 lb (2,7 kg)||1/3 cup (40 g)|
|8 lb (3,6 kg)||3/8 cup (45 g)|
|10 lb (4,5 kg)||1/2 cup (65 g)|
|12 lb (5,4 kg)||5/8 cup (80 g)|
|14 lb (6,4 kg)||2/3 cup (85 g)|
|16 lb (7,3 kg)||3/4 cup (95 g)|
|18 lb (8,2 kg)||3/4 cup (95 g)|
|Weight of Cat||Growth less than 4 months||Growth 4 to 6 months||Growth 7 to 12 months|
|1 lb (0,5 kg)||1/4 cup (30 g)|
|2 lb (0,9 kg)||3/8 cup (45 g)||1/3 cup (40 g)|
|3 lb (1,4 kg)||1/2 cup (65 g)||3/8 cup (45 g)|
|4 lb (1,8 kg)||2/3 cup (85 g)||1/2 cup (65 g)|
|6 lb (2,7 kg)||7/8 cup (110 g)||3/4 cup (95 g)||5/8 cup (80 g)|
|8 lb (3,6 kg)||7/8 cup (110 g)||3/4 cup (95 g)|
|10 lb (4,5 kg)||7/8 cup (110 g)|
|12 lb (5,4 kg)||1 cup (125 g)|
Animal feeding tests using AAFCO procedures substantiate that Prescription Diet® l/d® Feline provides complete and balanced nutrition for maintenance of adult cats and growing kittens.
Average Nutrient And Caloric Contents
Dry 4054 kcal/kg
|Vitamin K||0.02 mg/kg|
References1The nutrient in the product after moisture is removed. It is used to make direct comparisons of nutrient profiles of products with differing moisture contents.
Brewers Rice, Chicken by-Product Meal, Pork Fat, Soybean Meal, Pasta, Pork Protein Isolate, Soy Fiber, Egg Product, Fish Meal, Chicken Liver Flavor, Lactic Acid, Soybean Oil, Choline Chloride, Potassium Chloride, Powdered Cellulose, Taurine, DL-Methionine, Calcium Sulfate, vitamins (Vitamin E Supplement, L-Ascorbyl-2-Polyphosphate (source of Vitamin C), Niacin Supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate, Vitamin A Supplement, Calcium Pantothenate, Biotin, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Riboflavin Supplement, Folic Acid, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Menadione Sodium Bisulfite Complex (source of Vitamin K)), L-Carnitine, minerals (Zinc Oxide, Manganous Oxide, Calcium Iodate, Sodium Selenite), L-Arginine, Mixed Tocopherols for freshness, Natural Flavors, Beta-Carotene