Hill's Prescription Diet™ k/d™ Feline
Kidney's role is to filter waste and toxins from the blood, and maintain the normal balance of fluid and minerals within the body. As pets are getting older, damage to kidney tissues may occur. This process is irreversible, and will lead to further loss of kidney function. Renal cats may also experience loss of appetite and their caloric intake might decline, which may lead eventually to loss of muscle mass.
Hill's nutritionists and veterinarians developed Hill's Prescription DietTM k/dTM, clinical nutrition to support your cat's kidney function and help sustain muscle mass. In fact, the nutrition of k/d is clinically tested nutrition to improve & lengthen quality of life.
How It Works:
- Controlled phosphorus & low sodium
- Enhanced Appetite Trigger (E.A.T.)TM Technology for cats
- High level of essential amino acids - the building blocks of muscle protein
- High levels of L-Carnitine and Omega-3 fatty acids
How It Helps:
- Protects vital kidney & heart function
- Supports the cat's natural ability to build muscle mass daily
- Stimulates appetite & increases caloric intake
- S+OXSHIELDTM: Formulated to promote a urinary environment that reduces the risk of developing struvite & calcium oxalate crystals
100% Satisfaction Guarantee We're confident your pet will enjoy Hill'sTM Prescription DietTM foods. We're so confident that we offer a 100% money-back guarantee.*
Hill's Prescription DietTM k/dTM Feline is a complete and balanced food that provides all the nutrition your cat needs. Please consult your veterinarian for further information on how our Hill's Prescription DietTM foods can help your cat to continue to enjoy a happy and active life.
How to adjust feeding amounts to maintain optimal weight.
Adjust feeding amounts as necessary to maintain optimal weight. If you are unsure, ask your veterinarian.
For best results & safety practices:
- Gradually transition to your pet's new food over a 7 day period.
- Exclusively feed the recommended Prescription Diet dry food, canned food & treats.
- Keep fresh water available at all times.
- Have your veterinarian monitor your pet's condition.
- To prevent suffocation, keep the packaging out of the reach of pets and children.
Weight of Cat - lb (kg) Amount per Day (cups/grams) 6 lb (2.7 kg) 1/3 cup (45 g) 8 lb (3.6 kg) 3/8 cup (50 g) 10 lb (4.5 kg) 1/2 cup (65 g) 12 lb (5.4 kg) 1/2 cup (65 g) 14 lb (6.4 kg) 5/8 cup (80 g) 16 lb (7.3 kg) 2/3 cup (85 g) 18 lb (8.2 kg) 3/4 cup (95 g)
Animal feeding tests using AAFCO procedures substantiate that Hill's Prescription Diet™ k/d™ Feline provides complete and balanced nutrition for maintenance of adult cats
High quality protein and thoughtfully sourced ingredients.
Brown Rice, Corn Gluten Meal, Chicken, Pork Fat, Whole Grain Wheat, Cracked Pearled Barley, Wheat Gluten, Chicken Liver Flavor, Pea Protein, Egg Product, Fish Oil, Lactic Acid, Potassium Citrate, Calcium Sulfate, L-Lysine, L-Arginine, Choline Chloride, Calcium Carbonate, vitamins (Vitamin E Supplement, L-Ascorbyl-2-Polyphosphate (source of Vitamin C), Niacin Supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate, Vitamin A Supplement, Calcium Pantothenate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Biotin, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Riboflavin Supplement, Folic Acid, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Menadione Sodium Bisulfite Complex (source of Vitamin K)), L-Threonine, Taurine, Iodized Salt, DL-Methionine, minerals (Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Oxide, Copper Sulfate, Manganous Oxide, Calcium Iodate, Sodium Selenite), Potassium Chloride, L-Carnitine, L-Tryptophan, Mixed Tocopherols for freshness, Natural Flavors, Beta-Carotene.
Balanced nutrition that exceeds AAFCO nutrition standards.
4239 kcal/kg (541 kcal/cup†)
Nutrient Dry Matter1
Protein 30.1 Fat 23.1 Crude Fiber 0.9 Carbohydrate / NFE 40.5 Calcium 0.75 Sodium 0.25 Potassium 0.75 Magnesium 0.081 Taurine 0.28 Vitamin C 143 ppm Vitamin E 823 IU/kg Total Omega-3 FA 0.85
1The nutrient in the product after moisture is removed. It is used to make direct comparisons of nutrient profiles with differing moisture contents.
†An eight fluid oz. measuring cup of Hill's Prescription Diet™ k/d™ Feline contains oz. by weight.