Hills Prescription Diet™ y/d™ Feline is clinically proven nutrition to manage thyroid health. Limited iodine reduces excess thyroid hormone production (when used as the sole source of nutrition).
How it works:
- Limited iodine
- Controlled phosphorus and low sodium
- Essential nutrients like Taurine and L-carnitine
- High levels of omega-3 & -6 fatty acids
- Complete and balanced diet for adult cats that need restricted iodine intake
How it helps:
- Decreases excess thyroid hormone production
- Supports kidney health
- Supports heart health
- Promotes healthy skin and luxurious hair coat
- S+OXSHIELDTM: Formulated to promote a urinary environment that reduces the risk of developing struvite & calcium oxalate crystals
Please consult your veterinarian for further information on how our Hill's Prescription Diet foods can help your cat to continue to enjoy a happy and active life.
By law the user must take due care, obtaining expert advice when necessary, to avoid unnecessary pain and distress when using the product other than as directed on the label.
ACVM No. A10800. See www.foodsafety.govt.nz for registration conditions. Registered to: Hill's Pet Nutrition (NZ) Ltd.
Proud to have helped
11 million shelter pets
find a forever home & counting
INGREDIENTS: Water, Pork Liver, Pork By-Products, Chicken, Corn Flour, Rice, Chicken Fat, Chicken Liver Flavor, Powdered Cellulose, Calcium Carbonate, Fish Oil, Natural Flavor, L-Lysine, Potassium Chloride, DL-Methionine, vitamins (Vitamin E Supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate, Ascorbic Acid (source of Vitamin C), Niacin Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Riboflavin Supplement, Folic Acid, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Biotin), Guar Gum, Taurine, Choline Chloride, Salt, Cysteine, Dicalcium Phosphate, L-Carnitine, minerals (Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Oxide, Copper Sulfate, Manganese Sulfate), Beta-Carotene.
Adult maintenance - using 5.5 oz (156 g) can
|Weight of Cat - lb (kg)||Amount per Day - 5.5 oz (156 g) can|
|8 (3,6)||1 1/4|
|10 (4,5)||1 1/3|
|12 (5,4)||1 1/2|
|14 (6,4)||1 3/4|
Because iodine intake from other food sources -- treats, another cats food, etc. -- can compromise the effectiveness of low-iodine nutrition, its critical that you follow your veterinarians feeding instructions carefully and feed only y/d.
Adjust feeding amounts as necessary to maintain optimal weight. If you are unsure, ask your veterinarian.
For best results & safety practices:
- Cover and refrigerate unused portion.
- Gradually transition to your pets new food over a 7 day period.
- Exclusively feed the recommended Prescription Diet dry food & canned food.
- Keep fresh water available at all times.
- Have your veterinarian monitor your pets condition.
|Carbohydrate / NFE||31.2 %|
|Crude Fiber||3.1 %|
|Vitamin C||177 ppm|
|Vitamin E||789 IU/kg|
|Total Omega-3 FA||0.61 %|
|Total Omega-6 FA||5.54 %|
1The nutrient in the product after moisture is removed. It is used to make direct comparisons of nutrient profiles with differing moisture contents.