Roll over image to zoom in
Hills Prescription Diet™ y/d™ Feline is clinically proven nutrition to manage thyroid health. Limited iodine reduces excess thyroid hormone production (when used as the sole source of nutrition).
How it works:
- Limited iodine
- Controlled phosphorus and low sodium
- Essential nutrients like Taurine and L-carnitine
- High levels of omega-3 & -6 fatty acids
- Complete and balanced diet for adult cats that need restricted iodine intake
How it helps:
- Decreases excess thyroid hormone production
- Supports kidney health
- Supports heart health
- Promotes healthy skin and luxurious hair coat
- S+OXSHIELDTM: Formulated to promote a urinary environment that reduces the risk of developing struvite & calcium oxalate crystals
Please consult your veterinarian for further information on how our Hill's Prescription Diet foods can help your cat to continue to enjoy a happy and active life.
By law the user must take due care, obtaining expert advice when necessary, to avoid unnecessary pain and distress when using the product other than as directed on the label.
ACVM No. A10797. See www.foodsafety.govt.nz for registration conditions. Registered to: Hill's Pet Nutrition (NZ) Ltd.
Proud to have helped
11 million shelter pets
find a forever home & counting
INGREDIENTS: Corn Gluten Meal, Pork Fat, Whole Grain Corn, Soybean Mill Run, Egg Product, Chicken Liver Flavor, L-Lysine, Potassium Citrate, Lactic Acid, Dicalcium Phosphate, Fish Oil, Choline Chloride, Calcium Carbonate, Calcium Sulfate, DL-Methionine, Taurine, L-Tryptophan, Brewers Dried Yeast, vitamins (Vitamin E Supplement, L-Ascorbyl-2-Polyphosphate (source of Vitamin C), Niacin Supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate, Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin A Supplement, Riboflavin Supplement, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Folic Acid, Biotin, Vitamin D3 Supplement), minerals (Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Oxide, Copper Sulfate, Manganese Sulfate), L-Carnitine, Mixed Tocopherols for freshness, Natural Flavors, Beta-Carotene
|Weight of Cat||Amount per Day|
|6 lb (2,7 kg)||1/3 cup (40 g)|
|8 lb (3,6 kg)||3/8 cup (45 g)|
|10 lb (4,5 kg)||1/2 cup (65 g)|
|12 lb (5,4 kg)||5/8 cup (80 g)|
|14 lb (6,4 kg)||2/3 cup (85 g)|
|16 lb (7,3 kg)||3/4 cup (95 g)|
|18 lb (8,2 kg)||3/4 cup (95 g)|
Because iodine intake from other food sources -- treats, another cats food, etc. -- can compromise the effectiveness of low-iodine nutrition, its critical that you follow your veterinarians feeding instructions carefully and feed only y/d.
Adjust feeding amounts as necessary to maintain optimal weight. If you are unsure, ask your veterinarian.
For best results & safety practices:
- Gradually transition to your pets new food over a 7 day period.
- Exclusively feed the recommended Prescription Diet dry and/or canned food.
- Keep fresh water available at all times.
- Have your veterinarian monitor your pets condition.
- To prevent suffocation, keep the packaging out of the reach of pets and children
4147 kcal/kg (517 kcal/cup†)
|Carbohydrate / NFE||28.5 %|
|Crude Fiber||3.1 %|
1The nutrient in the product after moisture is removed. It is used to make direct comparisons of nutrient profiles with differing moisture contents.
†An eight fluid oz. measuring cup of Hill's® Prescription Diet® y/d™ Feline Thyroid Health contains 4.4 oz. by weight.