Hill's® Prescription Diet® Derm Defense™ Canine
There are many types of environmental irritants that surround us and our pets each and every day including fleas, pollen and even the dust in our homes. For some dogs these irritants can cause a skin condition that may lead to scratching, sometimes excessively. This is unpleasant for your dog and can also be difficult for everyone else in the family. The good news is most dogs with these skin conditions can benefit simply from the right food.
How It Works:
- With proprietary complex of bioactives and phytonutrients
- High levels of omega-3 & 6 fatty acids
- Clinically proven antioxidants, including vitamin E
- No corn, chicken by product meal, artificial colors, flavors or preservatives
How It Helps:
- Helps strengthen skin barrier
- Drives healthy skin from within
- Formulated to help soothe and nourish skin & coat
- Helps skin to recover naturally
- Holistic long-term solution supporting healthy immune system
100% Satisfaction Guarantee We're confident your pet will enjoy Hill'sTM Prescription DietTM foods. We're so confident that we offer a 100% money-back guarantee.*
Hill's Prescription Diet™ Derm Defense™ provides all the nutrition your dog needs and can be used long-term. Please consult your veterinarian for further information on how our Prescription Diet™ foods can help your dog to continue to enjoy a happy and active life.
How to adjust feeding amounts to maintain optimal weight.
Adjust feeding amounts as necessary to maintain optimal weight. If you are unsure, ask your veterinarian.
For best results & safety practices:
- Gradually transition to your pet's new food over a 7 day period.
- Exclusively feed the recommended Hill's Prescription DietTM dry food, canned food & treats.
- Keep fresh water available at all times.
- Have your veterinarian monitor your pet's condition.
- To prevent suffocation, keep the packaging out of the reach of pets and children.
Weight of Dog Amount per Day 5 lb (2.3 kg) 5/8 cup (60 g) 10 lb (4.5 kg) 1 cup (95 g) 15 lb (6.8 kg) 1 3/8 cups (130 g) 20 lb (9.1 kg) 1 2/3 cups (155 g) 30 lb (14 kg) 2 1/3 cups (220 g) 40 lb (18 kg) 2 3/4 cups (260 g) 50 lb (23 kg) 3 1/3 cups (315 g) 60 lb (27 kg) 4 cups (375 g) 70 lb (32 kg) 4 1/3 cups (405 g) 80 lb (36 kg) 4 3/4 cups (445 g) 100 lb (45 kg) 5 2/3 cups (535 g)
Animal feeding tests using AAFCO procedures substantiate that Hill's® Prescription Diet® Derm Defense™ Canine provides complete and balanced nutrition for maintenance of adult dogs.
High quality protein and thoughtfully sourced ingredients.
Brewers Rice, Chicken Meal, Whole Grain Sorghum, Cracked Pearled Barley, Pea Protein, Egg Product, Soybean Oil, Flaxseed, Chicken Liver Flavor, Whole Grain Oats, Dried Beet Pulp, Fish Oil, Pork Liver Flavor, Lactic Acid, Chicken Fat, Potassium Chloride, Lipoic Acid, Choline Chloride, Iodized Salt, vitamins (Vitamin E Supplement, L-Ascorbyl-2-Polyphosphate (source of Vitamin C), Niacin Supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate, Vitamin A Supplement, Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Riboflavin Supplement, Biotin, Folic Acid, Vitamin D3 Supplement), Calcium Carbonate, Green Peas, Apples, Cranberries, Carrots, minerals (Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Oxide, Copper Sulfate, Manganous Oxide, Calcium Iodate, Sodium Selenite), Taurine, Natural Flavors, Mixed Tocopherols for freshness, Broccoli, Beta-Carotene.
Balanced nutrition that exceeds AAFCO nutrition standards.
3680 kcal/kg (344 kcal/cup†)
Nutrient Dry Matter1
Protein 23.0 Fat 15.1 Crude Fiber 1.6 Carbohydrate / NFE 54.6 Calcium 0.97 Phosphorous 0.78 Sodium 0.30 Potassium 0.80 Magnesium 0.114 Vitamin C 151 ppm Vitamin E 823 IU/kg Total Omega-3 FA 1.80 Total Omega-6 FA 3.96
1The nutrient in the product after moisture is removed. It is used to make direct comparisons of nutrient profiles with differing moisture contents.