There are many types of environmental irritants that surround us and our pets each and every day including fleas, pollen and even the dust in our homes. For some dogs these irritants can cause a skin condition that may lead to scratching, sometimes excessively. This is unpleasant for your dog and can also be difficult for everyone else in the family. The good news is most dogs with these skin conditions can benefit simply from the right food.
Hill's nutritionists and veterinarians developed Prescription Diet Derm Defense clinical nutrition specially formulated to help manage environmental sensitivities in dogs.
How it works:
- With proprietary complex including phytonutrients and omega-3 & 6 fatty acids
- Clinically proven antioxidants, including vitamin E
- No corn, chicken by product meal, artificial colours, flavours or preservatives
How it helps:
- Helps strengthen skin barrier
- Drives healthy skin from within
- Formulated to help nourish skin & coat
- Long-term solution supporting healthy immune system
- S+OXSHIELDTM: Formulated to promote a urinary environment that reduces the risk of developing struvite & calcium oxalate crystals
Hill's™ Prescription Diet™ Derm Defense™ provides all the nutrition your dog needs and can be used long-term. Please consult your veterinarian for further information on how our Hill's™ Prescription Diet™ foods can help your dog to continue to enjoy a happy and active life.
Proud to have helped
11 million shelter pets
find a forever home & counting
INGREDIENTS: Brewers Rice, Chicken Meal, Whole Grain Sorghum, Cracked Pearled Barley, Pea Protein, Egg Product, Soybean Oil, Flaxseed, Chicken Liver Flavor, Whole Grain Oats, Dried Beet Pulp, Fish Oil, Pork Liver Flavor, Lactic Acid, Chicken Fat, Potassium Chloride, Lipoic Acid, Choline Chloride, Iodized Salt, vitamins (Vitamin E Supplement, L-Ascorbyl-2-Polyphosphate (source of Vitamin C), Niacin Supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate, Vitamin A Supplement, Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Riboflavin Supplement, Biotin, Folic Acid, Vitamin D3 Supplement), Calcium Carbonate, Green Peas, Apples, Cranberries, Carrots, minerals (Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Oxide, Copper Sulfate, Manganous Oxide, Calcium Iodate, Sodium Selenite), Taurine, Natural Flavors, Mixed Tocopherols for freshness, Broccoli, Beta-Carotene.
|Weight of Dog - lb (kg)||Amount per Day (cups/grams)|
|5 lb (2,3 kg)||5/8 cup (60 g)|
|10 lb (4,5 kg)||1 cup (95 g)|
|15 lb (6,8 kg)||1 3/8 cups (130 g)|
|20 lb (9,1 kg)||1 2/3 cups (155 g)|
|30 lb (14 kg)||2 1/3 cups (220 g)|
|40 lb (18 kg)||2 3/4 cups (260 g)|
|50 lb (23 kg)||3 1/3 cups (315 g)|
|60 lb (27 kg)||4 cups (375 g)|
|70 lb (32 kg)||4 1/3 cups (405 g)|
|80 lb (36 kg)||4 3/4 cups (445 g)|
|100 lb (45 kg)||5 2/3 cups (535 g)|
|120 lb (54 kg)||6 1/2 cups (610 g)|
Adjust feeding amounts as necessary to maintain optimal weight. If you are unsure, ask your veterinarian.
For best results & safety practices:
- Gradually transition to your pet's new food over a 7 day period.
- Exclusively feed the recommended Hill's Prescription Diet dry and canned food.
- Keep fresh water available at all times.
- Have your veterinarian monitor your pet's condition.
- To prevent suffocation, keep the packaging out of the reach of pets and children.
3680 kcal/kg (344 kcal/cup†)
|Carbohydrate / NFE||54.6 %|
|Crude Fiber||1.6 %|
|Vitamin C||151 ppm|
|Vitamin E||823 IU/kg|
|Total Omega-3 FA||1.8 %|
|Total Omega-6 FA||3.96 %|
1The nutrient in the product after moisture is removed. It is used to make direct comparisons of nutrient profiles with differing moisture contents.
†An eight fluid oz. measuring cup of Hill's® Prescription Diet® Derm Defense™ Canine contains 3.3 oz. by weight.