Hill's Prescription Diet™ k/d™ Canine Chicken & Vegetable Stew
Kidneys role is to filter waste and toxins from the blood, and maintain the normal balance of fluid and minerals within the body. As pets are getting older, damage to kidney tissues may occur. This process is irreversible, and will lead to further loss of kidney function. Renal dogs may also experience loss of appetite and their caloric intake might decline, which may lead eventually to loss of muscle mass.
Hill's nutritionists and veterinarians developed Hill's Prescription DietTM k/dTM, clinical nutrition to support your dog's kidney health. In fact, The nutrition of Hill's Prescription DietTM k/dTM is clinically proven to improve & lengthen quality of life.
How It Works:
- Controlled phosphorus & low sodium
- High level of essential amino acids - The building blocks of muscle protein
- High levels of L-Carnitine and Omega-3 fatty acids
How It Helps:
- Protects vital kidney & heart function
- Boosts vitality & energy
- Supports your dog's natural ability to build lean muscle daily
- S+OXSHIELDTM: Formulated to promote a urinary environment that reduces the risk of developing struvite & calcium oxalate crystals
100% Satisfaction Guarantee We're confident your pet will enjoy Hill'sTM Prescription DietTM foods. We're so confident that we offer a 100% money-back guarantee.*
Hill's Prescription DietTM k/dTM Canine is a complete and balanced food that provides all the nutrition your dog needs. Please consult your veterinarian for further information on how our Hill's Prescription DietTM foods can help your dog to continue to enjoy a happy and active life.
How to adjust feeding amounts to maintain optimal weight.
Adjust feeding amounts as necessary to maintain optimal weight. If you are unsure, ask your veterinarian.
For best results & safety practices:
- Cover and refrigerate unused portion.
- Reinforce with clients to feed Prescription Diet dry food, canned food, & treats exclusively.
- Gradually transition to the new food over a 7 day period.
- Avoid transitioning to the new food during periods of illness or hospitalization. A food aversion may develop, causing decreased acceptance of the food when the pet is feeling better.
- To increase compliance with the nutrition : Offer different varieties of flavors & textures from Hill’s Prescription DietTM k/dTM such as Hill’s Prescription DietTM k/dTM stews or Hill’s Prescription DietTM k/dTM dry food.
Weight of Dog - lbs (kgs) Amount per Day - 5.5 oz (156 g) cans 5 (2.3) 1 1/3 10 (4.5) 2 1/4 15 (6.8) 3 20 (9.1) 3 2/3 30 (14) 5 40 (18) 6 1/4 50 (23) 7 1/3 60 (27) 8 1/2 70 (32) 9 1/2 80 (36) 10 1/2 100 (45) 12 1/3 120 (54) 14 1/4
Animal feeding tests using AAFCO procedures substantiate that Hill's Prescription Diet™ k/d™ Canine Chicken & Vegetable Stew provides complete and balanced nutrition for maintenance of adult dogs.
High quality protein and thoughtfully sourced ingredients.
Water, Chicken, Carrots, Rice, Chicken Fat, Pork Liver, Rice Starch, Dextrose, Green Peas, Sugar, Egg Whites, Dried Beet Pulp, Flaxseed, Fish Oil, Chicken Liver Flavor, Powdered Cellulose, Potassium Alginate, Calcium Lactate, Calcium Gluconate, Natural Flavor, Choline Chloride, Potassium Citrate, L-Lysine, Brewers Dried Yeast, Guar Gum, Calcium Chloride, Dicalcium Phosphate, L-Threonine, vitamins (Vitamin E Supplement, Ascorbic Acid (source of Vitamin C), Thiamine Mononitrate, Niacin Supplement, Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin A Supplement, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Riboflavin Supplement, Biotin, Menadione Sodium Bisulfite Complex (source of Vitamin K), Folic Acid, Vitamin D3 Supplement), Taurine, Magnesium Oxide, Monosodium Phosphate, minerals (Zinc Oxide, Ferrous Sulfate, Copper Sulfate, Manganese Sulfate, Manganous Oxide, Calcium Iodate, Sodium Selenite), L-Carnitine, L-Tryptophan, L-Arginine, Calcium Carbonate, Beta-Carotene.
Balanced nutrition that exceeds AAFCO nutrition standards.
158 kcal / 5.5 oz (156 g) can
Nutrient Dry Matter1
Protein 16.0 Fat 24.0 Crude Fiber 3.5 Carbohydrate / NFE 52.2 Calcium 0.75 Phosphorous 0.27 Sodium 0.15 Potassium 1.00 Magnesium 0.141 Taurine 0.18 Carnitine 581.8 ppm Vitamin C 130 ppm Vitamin E 518 IU/kg
1The nutrient in the product after moisture is removed. It is used to make direct comparisons of nutrient profiles with differing moisture contents.