Hill's Prescription Diet™ k/d™ + Mobility Canine
Chronic kidney disease (CKD) is a condition often associated with advanced age. According to recent data 1 out of 10 dogs will develop CKD in his lifetime. It is also common for senior dogs to develop other age-related conditions such as reduced mobility or cognitive dysfunction which can significantly impact the quality of life of both the pet and the pet parent.
Studies have also shown that 80% of dogs greater than 8 years of age suffer from decreased mobility. Other data shows that 50% of dogs over 11 years of age display at least one sign of cognitive decline. Nutrition can play a key role in managing these age-related conditions.
That is why Hill’s nutritionists and veterinarians developed new Hill's Prescription DietTM k/dTM +Mobility for dogs. This clinical nutrition not only supports your dog's kidney function, but also helps to support his mobility and increase his cognitive alertness and vitality. In fact, the nutrition of k/d is clinically tested to improve & lengthen quality of life.
How It Works:
- Controlled phosphorus & low sodium
- High level of essential amino acids for building muscle protein
- Effective levels of omega-3 fatty acids (EPA/ DHA) to improve joint function
- Enriched with glucosamine & chondroitin sulfate
- Clinically proven antioxidants
How It Helps:
- Protects vital kidney & heart function
- Formulated to support your dog’s ability to run, walk and jump
- Supports your dog's natural ability to build lean muscle daily
- Formulated to stimulate appetite
- Formulated to increase vitality & alertness in older dogs
100% Satisfaction Guarantee We're confident your pet will enjoy Hill'sTM Prescription DietTM foods. We're so confident that we offer a 100% money-back guarantee.*
* 100% Satisfaction Guarantee - if you are unsatisfied for any reason, return the unused portion to the place of purchase for a full refund or replacement.
Hill's Prescription DietTM k/dTM+ Mobility Canine is a complete and balanced food that provides all the nutrition your dog needs. Please consult your veterinarian for further information on how our Hill's Prescription DietTM foods can help your dog to continue to enjoy a happy and active life.
How to adjust feeding amounts to maintain optimal weight.
Adjust feeding amounts as necessary to maintain optimal weight. If you are unsure, ask your veterinarian.
For best results & safety practices:
- Gradually transition to your pet's new food over a 7 day period.
- Exclusively feed the recommended Prescription Diet dry food, canned food & treats.
- Keep fresh water available at all times.
- Have your veterinarian monitor your pet's condition.
- To prevent suffocation, keep the packaging out of the reach of pets and children.
Weight of Dog - lb (kg) Amount per Day (cups/grams) 5 lb (2.3 kg) 3/8 cup (45 g) 10 lb (4.5 kg) 2/3 cup (80 g) 15 lb (6.8 kg) 1 cup (120 g) 20 lb (9.1 kg) 1 1/4 cups (155 g) 30 lb (14 kg) 1 2/3 cups (205 g) 40 lb (18 kg) 2 cups (245 g) 50 lb (23 kg) 2 1/3 cups (285 g) 60 lb (27 kg) 2 2/3 cups (325 g) 70 lb (32 kg) 3 cups (365 g) 80 lb (36 kg) 3 1/3 cups (405 g) 100 lb (45 kg) 4 cups (490 g) 120 lb (54 kg) 4 1/2 cups (550 g)
Animal feeding tests using AAFCO procedures substantiate that Hill's Prescription Diet™ k/d™ + Mobility Canine provides complete and balanced nutrition for maintenance of adult dogs.
High quality protein and thoughtfully sourced ingredients.
Brewers Rice, Flaxseed, Pork Fat, Egg Product, Dried Beet Pulp, Soy Protein Isolate, Whole Grain Sorghum, Chicken Liver Flavor, Powdered Cellulose, Fish Oil, Chicken Fat, Pork Liver Flavor, Lactic Acid, Potassium Citrate, Calcium Carbonate, L-Lysine, Soybean Oil, Lipoic Acid, DL-Methionine, L-Threonine, vitamins (Vitamin E Supplement, L-Ascorbyl-2-Polyphosphate (source of Vitamin C), Niacin Supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate, Vitamin A Supplement, Calcium Pantothenate, Riboflavin Supplement, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Biotin, Folic Acid, Vitamin D3 Supplement), Choline Chloride, Iodized Salt, Taurine, L-Tryptophan, Glucosamine Hydrochloride, Chondroitin Sulfate, minerals (Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Oxide, Copper Sulfate, Manganous Oxide, Calcium Iodate, Sodium Selenite), L-Carnitine, Magnesium Oxide, Mixed Tocopherols for freshness, Natural Flavors, Beta-Carotene.
Balanced nutrition that exceeds AAFCO nutrition standards.
4068 kcal/kg (496 kcal/cup†)
Nutrient Dry Matter1
Protein 15.3 Fat 23.6 Crude Fiber 3.9 Carbohydrate / NFE 53.0 Calcium 0.62 Phosphorous 0.29 Sodium 0.19 Potassium 0.68 Magnesium 0.121 Vitamin C 92 ppm Vitamin E 563 IU/kg EPA 0.407 Total Omega-3 FA 3.81 Alpha-Linolenic Acid (ALA) 2.94 Carnitine 556.0 ppm
1The nutrient in the product after moisture is removed. It is used to make direct comparisons of nutrient profiles with differing moisture contents.
†An eight fluid oz. measuring cup of Hill's Prescription Diet™ k/d™ + Mobility Canine contains 4.3 oz. by weight.